Hello! This the timetable for the International Dance Event at the Colliers Wood Community Centre on Saturday 29th of January 2011.
- 10 to 12 midday - Decorating the main hall so that it looks like a nightclub in Havana! (Give me a call if you would like to help.)
- 2 p.m. - Doors open for the FREE WORKSHOPS AND PERFORMANCES, FUNDED BY MERTON PRIORY HOMES
EVENTS IN THE MAIN HALL
- 2.30 p.m. - Zumba Dance workshop - a high energy fitness class to Latin and African music. (This would normally cost £7 per class.)
- 3.30 p.m. - a Ballet performance by Bethany followed by "Questions and Answers"
- 4.00 p.m. - a performance of Capoeira, a Brazilian non-contact martial art
- 4.15 p.m. - a performance of Tap Dance by Jenny and Richard
- 4.30 p.m. - a performance of South Indian Classical Dance by members of the South London Tamil Welfare Group
EVENTS IN THE UPSTAIRS HALL
- 2.30 p.m. - Baby Ballet for 2 to 5 year olds
- 3.00 p.m. - Junior Street Dance for 3 to 10 year olds and Senior Street Dance for 11 plus
- 3.30 p.m. - Tap Dance Class for adults
- 4.15 p.m. - Capoeira workshop for all ages
From 2.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. there will be an Arts and Craft Workshop run by a professional artist from the Association of Creative and Visual Arts,
inspired by the dancers and their costumes.
This has been funded by Merton's Art Development Fund.
- 5.30 p.m. - The Centre will close and re-open again at 7 p.m.
- 7 p.m. - The Bar will open.
- 7.30 p.m. - Salsa Dance Class.
- 8.30 p.m. - Latin American Dance Music with the "Havana Good Time Band!"
Ticket prices - £5 concessions and members of "MCWH!" 100 Club/ £6 in advance/ £7 on the door.
Tickets available from Keith on 07982 721496 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I'd be very grateful if you could forward this e-mail to your friends, colleagues and neighbours!
Many thanks, Keith.
P.S. This event will be followed by an International Music Event on Saturday 26th February
and an International Food Event on Saturday 26th March.
Each event will be accompanied by an Arts and Crafts Workshop inspired by the activities.
Give me a call if you would like to take part and/or could recommend singers, musicians, poets and storytellers from different cultural backgrounds.